Do you love hiking up mountains? Don't enjoy walking back down? Single-skin paragliding is the perfect activity for trail and outdoor lovers who want a fun new way of getting back down the mountain.
FLYEO are here to offer you one of the most unique paragliding courses in the world. Discover the joys of the new cutting edge design of the single skin paraglider.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
• You wish to get into the sport of paragliding as well as learning and combining relevant mountaineering skills
• No previous paragliding experience required!
• Develop basic skills of how to control our paraglider on the ground and in the air
• Aquire and learn basic Airmanship knowledge: rules of the air, how the aircraft works, etc...
• Introduction to basic weather reading and terrain analysis
• The FLYEO team will adapt the days' flying in accordance to the conditions optimised for mountain flying.
• Introduction to paragliding: Before we can run, we have to learn how to walk - 1 to 2 days are spent on the training hill learning how to properly launch and land the gliders
• How to build a flight plan: Theory session on how to build a flight plan, the importance of building options, comprehensive theory on planned approaches.
• Ground-Handling on the single skin: Weather dependent, pilots will also participate in Ground-Handling sessions with the single-skin gliders. Students progress a lot during these sessions due to the unique launch characteristics of these gliders.
• Introduction to Hike & Fly Route planning: Using relief map and other tools, we teach students how to plan potential Hike & Fly routes as well as teaching relevant mountaineering skills.
• Intro to Meteo reading and forecasting: Being able to correctly read the forecast for this discipline of paragliding is an important skill to have and is the first step of any flight. We look at different forecasting apps and important local knowledge, crucial to flying in any Alpine environment.
• Flyeo instructors are fully qualified BHPA instructors and Flyeo is a British Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (BHPA) registered school as well as a Fédération française de vol libre (FFVL) registered school.
• Our pedagogy is to constantly question, in order to develop and improve to bring you the best methods for instructing. We want to exceed your expectations!
• You must be insured
• Hold a medical certificate allowing you to practice the activity of free flight valid within 2 years before the start of training.
• If you do not have a license, you will have to take one on the first day of the course. The fee ranges from € 27 for a 7-day student license, to more than € 100 for the year.
• For minors: hold parental permission from parents.
ALL OUR STUDENTS RECEIVE A 15% DISCOUNT ON PARAGLIDERS, HARNESSES AND RESERVES DURING THEIR COURSES
(non combinable offer: the best available discount for the client will be applied).