Do you want to have the chance to break your personal best (PB) cross country paragliding record, or take a shot at the world record! This course; Australia Distance Record Breaking Camp is the brainchild of Malin Lobb one of our instructors, who loves to Cross country fly (XC). Malin flew in the PWC in Bright this year and loved the opportunities for XC offered in Australia. We are giving you the chance to come to Victoria and New South Wales, Australia with us (We will travel to follow the weather), the instructors will be Malin Lobb PWC Pilot and British Team Member and Fabien Blanco Flyeo Founder, who regularly does 200km triangles in the Alps.
In the last couple of years, Australia has proven to be a real contender for setting a new world record with many 400km plus flights. In January Alex Yaschenko flew 494.19km to set a new Australian record. Sekio Fukuoka Broke two world records in 2015, one being the 402km straight distance record and the other being declared goal at 366km.
The other reasons we have chosen Australia is it is a first world country that is English speaking. We don’t have the issue of high wind launches that you get in Brazil. You have easier retrieves compared to other record-breaking countries.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
- Do you want to break your PB
- You will need to be able to take off from a tow line
- You need to be a good cross country pilot
- Do you want a dedicated retrieve, even if you fly 500km!!
- Briefing on advance XC decisions and de-briefs on flights when time permits
- Learn to XC further and more efficiently
- Try to break you PB
- Use the Flyeo fundamentals to identify how to improve your flying
- Gain confidence in a new location, pushing your boundaries knowing the retrieve driver is following you
We will have a briefing in the morning about weather conditions and discuss the flights from the day before.
- Morning briefing, to look at weather and the best location to fly to, we will help you plan your goals in relation to the weather that day
- Leave for site
- Get towed or launch depending on location, then fly like demons…
- Retrieve back to base
The Flyeo team will help you to plan and reach your XC goals. They are highly experienced cross country pilots, who are accustom to changing and challenging conditions, they can debrief your previous day’s flight to analysis it.
- You will need a tracker-a Delorme or a Spot as 3g/4g trackers do not work in some locations.
- You must be insured.
- Your wing must be in flight ready condition and recently reviewed by a professional.
- Your reserve must be packed, certified by a club or BE in the last 6 months. We can do the re-packing before the course, price from €45. Contact us to confirm an appointment if you want your reserve packed by Flyeo (this can be done in Australia).
- You will have to join the Hang Gliding Federation of Australia as a visiting international pilot https://www.hgfa.asn.au/
- Thank you for fill out and returning the completed pilot sheet available for download here: pilot information form english or french version SIV pilot file.
This long-distance course in Australia are the following prices:
1295 Euros per Pilot
The course will be in January:
The instructors will arrive on the 8th of January and will drive up to the location you will fly from the next day from Melbourne airport.
The instructors will drive back to Melbourne on the evening of the 21st or the morning of 22nd of January.
Price includes airport pick you from Melbourne Airport (There will be a time window to catch the bus)
Does Not include:
If you want to try cross country then have a look at our beginners cross country courses.
ALL OUR STUDENTS RECEIVE A 15% DISCOUNT ON PARAGLIDERS, HARNESSES AND RESERVES DURING THEIR COURSES (non-combinable offer: the best available discount for the client will be applied).