Do you dream of flying on your own? Join us to discover the joys of flying with Flyeo’s paragliding lessons. Learn with our dynamic and professional team at FLYEO during our Elementary Pilot (EP).
The EP Course is a beginner paragliding course. This is a 5 course to begin to learn how to fly a paraglider and at the end of it you will have your Elementary Pilot Award* under the BHPA (British Handgliding and Paragliding Association). This course will take you from ground handling to your first high flights, a truly unique and unforgettable feeling.
Flyeo was founded in 2006 and has been a French school ever since. From 2018, we delighted to announce that we are a fully accredited BHPA school. Our instructors are high-level pilots, we have Acro pilots, Paragliding World Cup (PWC), Cross Country (XC) experts and a Current British Team Member. We are situated by Annecy lake in one of the paragliding meccas of the world. There are around 300 flyable days per year here and you get to fly in one of the most impressive mountain ranges in the world. Some of the best paragliding pilots in the world live here for these reasons.
IMPORTANT! READ THIS: The Elementary Pilot Course ALONE will not allow to be a fully qualified solo pilot. You will also need to complete our Club Pilot course to be FULLY QUALIFIED and FLY SOLO.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
• Want to learn to fly a paraglider with no experience
• Be Elementary BHPA qualified and learn with a BHPA instructor
• Paragliding equipment hire included
• 5 day course
• If you want to learn to paraglide with little or no experience and progress to the stage of truly getting your feet off the ground and flying like a bird.
• If you want to have more of an insight into what it means to begin paragliding please read the Elementary Pilot Training Guide
• Ground handling
• Getting airbourne
• Flight exercises
ELEMENTARY PILOT SYLLABUS
The BHPA syllabus is as follows for paragliding lessons:
PHASE 1: GROUND TRAINING
Introductory talk - Site assessment briefing - Introduction to canopy and equipment - Avoiding/minimising injury.
PHASE 2: GROUND HANDLING
Briefing- Pre-flight checks - Preparation - Putting on your paraglider and equipment - Inflation - Take off’s with the glider - Directional control.
PHASE 3: FIRST HOPS
Getting airborne – Low level flights.
PHASE 4: FLIGHT EXERCISES
Eventualities briefing - Commands and communications briefing - Responsibilities briefing Flights - Maintaining course and airspeed Flights - Introducing turns flights - Completing simple flight plans.
PHASE 5: THEORY & EXAMINATION
Meteorology - Principles of flight - Rules of the air and air law - Elementary stage examination.
• Flyeo instructors are fully qualified BHPA instructors and Flyeo is a British Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (BHPA) registered school as well as a Fédération française de vol libre (FFVL) registered school.
• Our pedagogy is to constantly question, in order to develop and improve to bring you the best methods for instructing. We want to exceed your expectations!
ALL OUR STUDENTS RECEIVE A 15% DISCOUNT ON PARAGLIDERS, HARNESSES AND RESERVES DURING THEIR COURSES
(non combinable offer: the best available discount for the client will be applied).