Do you dream of flying on your own? Join us to discover the joys of flying with Flyeo’s paragliding lessons. Learn to fly with our dynamic and professional team at FLYEO during our Elementary Pilot (EP) and Club Pilot (CP) course.
The EP and CP Course is a beginner paragliding course. This is a ten-day course to learn to fly a paraglider and at the end of it you will have your Elementary Pilot and Club Pilot qualification under the BHPA (British Handgliding and Paragliding Association). This course will take you from ground handling to soaring and your progression is logged in the student training record book. By the end of the course, you will be able to fly your paraglider solo, in the UK and abroad.
Flyeo was founded in 2006 and has been a French school since then, we are now a BHPA school. Our instructors are high-level pilots, we have Acro pilots, Paragliding World Cup (PWC), Cross Country (XC) experts and a Current British Team Member. We are situated by Annecy lake in one of the paragliding meccas of the world. There are around 300 flyable days per year here and you get to fly in one of the most impressive mountain ranges in the world. Some of the best paragliding pilots in the world live here for these reasons.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
• Want to learn to fly a paraglider with no experience
• Be Club Pilot BHPA qualified and learning within a fully accredited environment.
• Paragliding equipment hire included
• Gain the Club Pilot BHPA qualification to fly UK sites and abroad
• Learn to soar
• 10 day course
• If you want to learn to paraglide with little or no experience and progress to the stage of flying autonomously, the Elementary & Club Pilot rating is your ticket to the skies! Go from total beginner to being able to soar with the birds in just 10 days!
• If you want to have more of an insight into what it means to begin paragliding please read the Elementary Pilot Training Guide
• Ground handling
• Getting airbourne
• Flight exercises
• Theory and examination (including final assessment)
• Improving Skills
• Instability and emergencies
• Theory and examination
ELEMENTARY PILOT SYLLABUS
The BHPA syllabus is as follows for paragliding lessons:
PHASE 1: GROUND TRAINING
Introductory talk - Site assessment briefing - Introduction to canopy and equipment - Avoiding/minimising injury.
PHASE 2: GROUND HANDLING
Briefing- Pre-flight checks - Preparation - Putting on your paraglider and equipment - Inflation - Take off’s with the glider - Directional control.
PHASE 3: FIRST HOPS
Getting airborne – Low level flights.
PHASE 4: FLIGHT EXERCISES
Eventualities briefing - Commands and communications briefing - Responsibilities briefing Flights - Maintaining course and airspeed Flights - Introducing turns flights - Completing simple flight plans.
PHASE 5: THEORY & EXAMINATION
Meteorology - Principles of flight - Rules of the air and air law - Elementary stage examination.
CLUB PILOT SYLLABUS
PHASE 6: PRE-SOARING
Theory - 180 degree turns - Planned approaches.
PHASE 7: SOARING
Soaring Flights - Top landing theory - Flying with others.
PHASE 8: IMPROVING SKILLS
Ground handling - Exploring the speed range - Accelerator systems - Forward launching - Reverse launching - Weight shift and Pitch - Roll control - Coordination in turns - Slope landings.
PHASE 9: INSTABILITY & EMERGENCIES
Theory - Active flying - Rapid descent techniques - Dealing with an asymmetric tuck.
PHASE 10: THEORY & EXAMINATION
Meteorology - Principles of Flight - Rules of the air and air law - General airmanship knowledge - Club pilot (Novice) theory examination - PG hill environment theory examination.
• Flyeo instructors are fully qualified BHPA instructors and Flyeo is a British Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (BHPA) registered school as well as a Fédération française de vol libre (FFVL) registered school.
• Our pedagogy is to constantly question, in order to develop and improve to bring you the best methods for instructing. We want to exceed your expectations!
ALL OUR STUDENTS RECEIVE A 15% DISCOUNT ON PARAGLIDERS, HARNESSES AND RESERVES DURING THEIR COURSES
(non combinable offer: the best available discount for the client will be applied).