HAVE YOU COMPLETED A BHPA ELEMENTARY PILOT COURSE? WANT TO GAIN YOUR BHPA CLUB PILOT RATING IN ONE OF THE MOST STUNNING PLACES TO FLY IN THE WORLD? LAUNCH YOUR FLYING CARRER WITH FLYEO.
The CP Course is your ticket to flying solo. This is a 5 course to progress your skills, learn how to soar, and fly as a safe pilot. At the end of the course you will have your Club Pilot Rating under the BHPA (British Handgliding and Paragliding Association). This course will take you from your first high flights, to learning how to soar and maintain in lifting air.
Flyeo was founded in 2006 and has been a French school ever since. From 2018, we delighted to announce that we are a fully accredited BHPA school. Our instructors are high-level pilots, we have Acro pilots, Paragliding World Cup (PWC), Cross Country (XC) experts and a Current British Team Member. We are situated by Annecy lake in one of the paragliding meccas of the world. There are around 300 flyable days per year here and you get to fly in one of the most impressive mountain ranges in the world. Some of the best paragliding pilots in the world live here for these reasons.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
• You have completed an Elementary Pilot or equivalent course.*
• You wish to move onto the next level and go solo.
• You want to learn how to soar.
• *Equivilent beginner paragliding ratings: NZHGPA PG1/USHGPA P1/ APPI 1. Please enquire for any other ratings.
• Following the BHPA Student Training Record Book (STRB), main objectives for students to carry out satisfactorily complete all tasks in the Club Pilot syllabus.
• Demonstrate a safe and competent level of flying, ready to fly autonomously
• Although we have a training book to follow our main objective is not just to put pen to paper: At Flyeo our philosophy is not just to sign off all tasks, but instead to sculpt students into safe, competent and thinking pilots who are ready to embark on their flying careers.
• Understanding a fundamental concept that paragliding is a decision making sport. From the moment we look at the forecast in the morning to putting our wing in the car after a flight, every move that a pilot makes is decision based. In this course we introduce how to make these decisions from skills-based point of view, but also self-assessing our psychological and mental decisions throughout all points of a day’s flying.
• Moving onto bigger mountains and undertaking higher flights: Understanding all associated factors with undertaking high flights.
• As we prepare our kit and observe other pilots flying, we learn to make pre-flight self-assessments on our mental aspects of flying, and how to optimise our psychological state in order to be the most relaxed pilot on take-off so that we can concentrate our flying mental bandwidth to the tasks at hand.
• Understanding Soaring: Airflow on ridges and how that will affect flying, Turning up to site and making a proper site assessment, is it safe to fly? Is it soarable? Learning to be analytical. Further development into how to build a flight plan at CP level and the importance of building options and covering all possible eventualities. Practicalities of Soaring: Lookout/patters/Crabbing/Decision of when to land.
• Ground-Handling is King: Consistency in how we find our controls (importance of being complete control of glider before laying out into wind)/ Development of different techniques for different wind strengths: key skills for developing options for different conditions. Introduction to Wind window, power zone and glider position: the importance of situational awareness as we Ground-Handle.
• As well as the practical tasks contained in our training syllabus, we also have to complete a number of classroom based theory sessions at a Club Pilot level on Meteorology, Airlaw, Theory of Flight & Airmanship. Students then sit a multiple choice exam testing them on the knowledge from these subject areas
ALL OUR STUDENTS RECEIVE A 15% DISCOUNT ON PARAGLIDERS, HARNESSES AND RESERVES DURING THEIR COURSES
(non combinable offer: the best available discount for the client will be applied).
• Flyeo instructors are fully qualified BHPA instructors and Flyeo is a British Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (BHPA) registered school as well as a Fédération française de vol libre (FFVL) registered school.
• Our pedagogy is to constantly question, in order to develop and improve to bring you the best methods for instructing. We want to exceed your expectations!