Here is a trip in to the mountains that participated in the legend of paragliding: the Dolomites. At the heart of an area classified as a World Heritage by Unesco, we discover by air these towering limestone towers that dominate the green forests. A paradise for a pilot in search of thermals, the valley of Val di Fassa offers obvious and majestic routes above the towns of Canazei and Campitello. Further on, in the Alta Badia, the east faces of Corvara are tamed in small morning flights facing Tofane di Rozes. The ceilings often oscillate between 3000 and 4000 meters, which makes it possible to go to greet the queen of the mountain region: the Marmolada. The icing on the cake, in addition to multiple and varied flight possibilities, these regions are renowned for their well-being and their gastronomy. So, ready to spread your wings ??? Here is the playground ...
SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED FOR COURSE
- Minimum Pilot License
- Be autonomous on takeoff and landing
- Have flown regularly beforehand
- A majestic site, unique in the world
- Easy access thanks to the ski lifts
- Generous thermals, mostly grassy takeoffs and landings, frequent breezes
- Simple paths to become familiar with the cross.
Discover flying in the Dolomites and progress in thermal flying. Improve your course choices in the course and learn effective preparation the day before and a better flight analysis. To better manage your mind and body during the course and long flights. Fabien Blanco and Philippe Collet ensure the pedagogical follow-up and the safety of the course.
ITINERARY DAY BY DAY
- Day 1- Transfer Annecy-Canazei Early departure from Doussard, as we travel we pass to the site's of Bassano and Malcesine (Lake Garda); we can possibly make a stop to discover one of these sites as we pass. Arrival at Canazei at the end of the afternoon. shown the landing. Briefing for the next day.
- Day 2- Campitello Discover the site of Campitello and the SassoLungo towers . We assess the site for recognisable features and landing options. Discovery flights according to conditions. Briefing and preparation of the cross of the next day.
- Day 3- First cross country: Pordoi, Sella, Sassolungo ... Depending on the conditions we can do a tour of the valley or a distance flight. Debriefing and preparation of the next day.
- Day 4 - Discover the site of Corvara Discovery of the Alta Badia; they are morning flights on the east faces. First thermal and views of Tofana di Rozes. A relaxing flight at the end of the day on canazei. Debriefing and preparation of the next day.
- Day 5- Marmolada Goal If the conditions are right we can try to land the top of the Marmolada. It is a beautiful goal !!!
- Day 6 - Discovery choice The last day we have the choice between a last flight where we are or we can discover a site on the return journey. Arrival at Annecy in the evening.
NB: the program above is given as an indication, it is likely change depending on weather conditions. Days without any paragliding are not subject to a refund.
PRICE– DURATION – GROUP - TRANSPORT
- Price : from €990 / per person (based on 7 people) This price includes: - The 2 instructors: Fabien Blanco (Instructor) - Philippe Collet (Trainee Instructor / High Mountain Guide ) - The transport from Annecy- Canazei and return. - Shuttles on site. - The accommodation is in a bed & breakfast in a group of apartments (double or triple room). Possibility of a single room with a surcharge (contact us for more details). - Breakfast - A small video montage of the stay. This price does not include: - The lifts - Drinks - Lunch and dinner - All that is not indicated in "the price includes"
- Duration : 6 days from dates 25th - 30th of September 2018
- Group : group of 5 to 7 people maximum. Below 5 people please contact us for a specific quote.
- Payment schedule: -€ 297 deposit at registration - The balance 20 days before the beginning of the course.
- Transport : the transport is by means of a minibus with 9 seats.
ALL OUR STUDENTS RECEIVE A 15% DISCOUNT ON PARAGLIDERS, HARNESSES AND RESERVES DURING THEIR COURSES (non combinable offer:Best discount available for the client will be applied).
- Copy of the Medical Certificate of Fitness for Paragliding (the one required for taking your license)
- FFVL insurance or insurer of your choice that covers the practice of air sports. Compulsory repatriation insurance (check with your usual insurer.)
- We ask you to provide us with a copy of these respective insurances as well as the details of a person to be notified in the event of an accident (Emergency contact).
- Copy of your Pilot's Certificate
- Warning: the equipment transported by our vehicle is covered by our insurance in case of damage, destruction or theft. (check)
- The cancellation of the course for personal or medical reasons does not entitle you to a refund or compensation.
- Accommodation : Our small hostel is located in Canazei di Fassa, 2 steps from the first ski lift.
- Snacks and Meals : lunch is up to the pilot, there are many grocery stores and shops in Canazei and Campitello. Evening meals can be taken as a group or individually. Restaurants and pizzerias are varied in terms of choice and price.
- To see and do : In case conditions do not allow flying in the region we can offer you alternative activities such as organising hiking, via ferrata or an excursion on the Marmolada glacier ... the Dolomites are an amazing region historically and geologically.
- Technical equitment:
- Certified Harness
- Approved and preferably known wing
- Reserve checked and repacked within the last 6 months
- Approved Helmet
- Radio + charger + hands-free kit
- An alti-vario-gps.
- Sunglasses and / or ski mask
- 1 lightweight canvas trousers, 1 thicker pair of trousers
- 1 pair of trainers (semi-rigid soles with good notches)
- 1 pair of trekking boots for trekking and hike and flight
- 1 backpack approx size 20 / 25L: if you do not fly there are very beautiful hikes or via ferratas
- Warm clothes: gloves (take 2 pairs), down jacket, GoreTex jacket, hat
- Pilot suit if flight without a pod harness
- Video camera (i.e. Gopro), camera ...
- Towel and Swimwear for the lake or sauna!