Are you a fully qualified pilot? Would you like to refresh your skills, a confidence boost or some pointers in the right direction? Come and gain some air time in one of the world’s paragliding meccas.
BHPA Club Pilot Plus Course
Club Pilot Plus Course
- You are a qualified and autonomous pilot
- You may be lacking some confidence in you flying, and wish to reinforce some fundamentals and progress your skills.
- You have some gaps in your knowledge, and wish to refresh your flying in an ideal school environment.
• Flyeo instructors are fully qualified BHPA instructors and Flyeo is a British Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (BHPA) registered school as well as a Fédération française de vol libre (FFVL) registered school.
• Our pedagogy is to constantly question, in order to develop and improve to bring you the best methods for instructing. We want to exceed your expectations!
The scope of this course is broad, however our main objective is the boost student’s individual level tomwards confident autonomy.
• Introduction to Pilotage: We will be using calm morning conditions to carry out basic pilotage exercises, exploring our 3 dynamics of movements as paragliders: roll/pitch/yaw. Our main focus will be on aggravation and cancellation exercises and how these translate to real flight scenarios.
• Weather permitting, we will then go back up in later afternoon/early evening conditions to enjoy restitution conditions, putting what we learned in the morning to action and maximising airtime!
• Building and perfecting planned approaches: Once qualified, many pilots develop bad habits during the approach and landing phases of flight. We revisit fundamentals, and attempt to work on accuracy landings, essential tools for when landing out on cross-country.
• Ground-Handling is King: Consistency in how we find our controls (importance of being complete control of glider before laying out into wind)/ Development of different techniques for different wind strengths: key skills for developing options for different conditions. Introduction to Wind window, power zone and glider position: the importance of situational awareness as we Ground-Handle.
• We will use non-flying periods to go over some important theory sections, including some advanced meteorology. We will introduce you to some of the tools we use to predict and read the weather for a pilot: various weather apps, particular aspects to look for in these forecasts.
Introduction to the Alpine flying environment: learning and understanding how to effectively and safely fly this environment, as well crucial wind & weather patterns is important for all pilots not familiar to this terrain.
120€ per person and per day.