How to take your french paragliding license with FFVL
This license provides Air Civil Liability insurance (Responsabilité Civile Aérienne, RCA). The FFVL also offers optional accident insurance, repatriation, and other coverage.
In order to take up your licence you must have a medical certificate of no contra-indication to the practice of paragliding, dated no more than 30-days prior to taking up your licence. A simple letter from your doctor can suffice, but if you’d like you can download an English template here : FFVL EN template certificat médical
Three options are available:
- “Stage 9 jours (34€)” : Covers you for 9 consecutive or non-consecutive days within a school setting, to be used within 2 months of the first day of your course, all within the same school. ** This is usually the preferred option **
- “Activité encadrée en école (51.50€)” : Covers you for one year within a school setting only. This can be a good option for pilots planning on doing more than one course in the year spread out over more than 2 months.
- “Primo licencié (54€)” : Covers you for one year flying on your own and within a school. Only available to EU residents.
NB: For EU residents who take up one of the two first options above, you can later choose to take a licence supplement to be covered the rest of the year outside of the school if needed.
WARNING. The FFVL website does not work well with Google translate. If you can not advance to the next page when following the instructions below you will have to turn google translate off and then go to the next page and then turn it on again.
You can get your paragliding license online by clicking on this link:
https://intranet.ffvl.fr/ffvl_licenceonline/pre_rempli/NEW/1394/5/1024 or by scanning this code:
Disable google translation of web pages, as it is incompatible.
1. Go to the site ffvl.fr and click on “PRENDRE SA LICENCE”.
2. Since it is a new license, click “continue”
3. Fill in all required fields
4. Select FLYEO
5. Since you are not a professional, keep this box unchecked
6. In this box you need to choose “Parapente” under “pratique principale” (your principal activity) then possibly choose a “pratiques secondaires” (secondary activities).
7. Choose the type of licence you would like. See at the top of this guide for which licence to choose. It is most commonly the first option: “Stage 9 jours”.
8. You can subscribe to the Vol Passion Magazine if you want.
9. Select “Continuez”
10. You must provide a medical Certificate for your licensing; confirm it here.
11. Then enter your details.
12. You have different options for optional insurances.
13. After validating 2 pages, you can choose the level of information you will receive from the FFVL (We recommed you remain subscribed to security alerts and general information).
14. Accept the final summary and fill in the start date of your training.
15. Finally pay the amount to join. We advise you to use a credit card to speed up the validation process.
You have taken out your 9-day school license and you want to be able to fly alone, how to take the annual license supplement:
1. Go to the site ffvl.fr and click on “MY ACCOUNT INTRANET”.
2. Log in with your credentials and answer a maths question.
3. Click on “Complément de licence”.
4. Select the desired option and fill in the fields about your medical certificate if you have not done so already.
5. Then you just need to pay and you are done!