When you participate in any course at Flyeo, you must take up a licence with the French Federation of Free Flight (FFVL) because it is mandatory for all FFVL accredited schools. This licence provides Air Civil Liability insurance (Responsabilité Civile Aérienne, RCA) which is mandatory even if you already have your own through another insurer. The FFVL also offers optional accident insurance, repatriation and other coverage.
Help with mandatory FFVL insurance (licensing)
In order to take up your licence you must have a medical certificate of no contra-indication to the practice of paragliding, dated no more than 30-days prior to taking up your licence. A simple letter from your doctor can suffice, but if you’d like you can download an English template here : FFVL EN template certificat médical
Three options are available:
- “Stage 9 jours (34€)” : Covers you for 9 consecutive or non-consecutive days within a school setting, to be used within 2 months of the first day of your course, all within the same school. ** This is usually the preferred option **
- “Activité encadrée en école (51.50€)” : Covers you for one year within a school setting only. This can be a good option for pilots planning on doing more than one course in the year spread out over more than 2 months.
- “Primo licencié (54€)” : Covers you for one year flying on your own and within a school. Only available to EU residents.
NB: For EU residents who take up one of the two first options above, you can later choose to take a licence supplement to be covered the rest of the year outside of the school if needed.
Disable google translation of web pages, as it is incompatible.
1. Go to the site ffvl.fr and click on “PRENDRE SA LICENCE”.
2. As this is a new license, click “continuer”.
3. Fill in the required fields.
4. Select FLYEO 😉
5. You’re not a professional so don’t tick the box!
6. In this box you need to choose “Parepente” under “pratique principale” (your principal activity) then possibly your “pratiques secondaires” (your secondary activities).
7. Choose the type of licence you would like. See at the top of this guide for which licence to choose. It is most commonly the first option: “Stage 9 jours”.
8. You can subscribe to the Vol Passion Magazine if you want.
9. Click “Continuez” (continue).
10. You must provide a medical Certificate for your licensing; confirm it here.
11. Then enter your details.
12. You have different options for optional insurances.
13. After validating 2 pages, you can choose the level of information you will receive from the FFVL (We recommed you remain subscribed to security alerts and general information).
14. Accept the final summary and fill in the start date of your training.
15. Finally pay the amount to join. We advise you to use a credit card to speed up the validation process.
You have taken out your 9-day school license and you want to be able to fly alone, how to take the annual license supplement:
1. Go to the site ffvl.fr and click on “MY ACCOUNT INTRANET”.
2. Log in with your credentials and answer a maths question.
3. Click on “Complément de licence” (completed license).
4. Select the desired option and fill in the fields about your medical certificate if you have not done so already.
5. Then you can pay.