ADVANCED PILOTAGE COURSE SIV ('simulation d'incidents en vol' or simulation and control of flight incidents) THIS IS FLYEO'S SPECIALITY.
FLYEO is famous for its flight incident simulation courses (SIV), these are help through out the spring and the autumn in a secure environment above Lake Annecy.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
- A SIV-pilotage course is available to any pilot's confident on take-off and landing.
- From the beginning of your training, a SIV - pilotage course can be beneficial to the pilot who wants to progress by understanding the reactions of their wing. The program will be adapted to your level.
- In the same way, a pilot who is confident with the bases of piloting in manoeuvres will accelerate progressively to aerobatics if they wish and their level is approved by our instructors.
- Whatever your level, SIV-pilotage courses allow you to perfect your paragliding technique, to evolve your performance and safety.
- Understand the reactions of your wing in turbulence.
- identify the different incidents and learn how to manage them.
- Optimise fast descents.
- To gain or regain confidence with a new wing or after a flight incident.
- The syllabus of our SIV paragliding courses at FLYEO is personalised according to the pilots level.
- It is easy for us to ensure a personalised debrief because the paragliders are taken individually through the safety box, and the instructors adapt to each pilot and their level. All students are filmed so the footage can be reviewed at the end of the day.
- Debriefings are common after every flight and a full video debrief is held at the end of the day, this allows everyone to learn by listening to the advice given to other students!
- We provide SIV paragliding courses in Haute-Savoie, France from April to the end of October (except during the period of July and August when SIV courses are not allowed in the area) they are generally run in the following order:
- 3 days from Monday to Wednesday.
- 2 days on Thursday and Friday.
- 2 days weekend.
- We sometimes modify this order according to the holiday calendar to give you the best possible courses.
- 1st day: Meet at 8am at the school. Paper work checked + technical briefing (mandatory).
- Each pilot defines their course with the instructor according to their level (the groups can therefore be be of varying levels, this is not a problem).
- Departure at Col de la Forclaz for 3 or 4 flights depending on the weather and physical condition of the pilots.
- Each flight is filmed and followed by a briefing on the ground to prepare for the next flight.
- Back to the debriefing room at FLYEO headquarters to watch the videos and prepare for the next day's instruction.
- FLYEO instructors are all highly experienced paragliders, and we fly regularly to adapt to changing conditions and to review new equipment.
- Our pedagogy is to constantly question, in order to develop and improve the best methods to teach you. We want to exceed your expectations!
- You must be insured.
- Your wing must be in flight ready condition and recently reviewed by a professional.
- Your reserve must be packed, certified by a club or BE in the last 6 months. We can do the packing before the course, price from €45. Contact us to confirm an appointment if you want your reserve packed by Flyeo.
- Charged Radio (a water proof bag to protect it will be provided). Flyeo no longer provides Radio's for SIV courses. We have radios for sale in the shop, click here to buy one, and have it waiting for you when you arrive for the course.
- We lend out headsets for Kenwood, Midland, Icom and Yeasu radios, so please bring a headset for other brands.
- Thank you for fill out and returning the completed pilot sheet available for download here: pilot information form english or french version SIV pilot file.
- Individuals :
- €175 per person/per day during the week.
- € 180 per person/per day on weekends.
- Groups : from 6 persons booked and managed by an unique referent, we propose you these groups prices :
- €150 per person/per day during the week.
- €155 per person/per day on weekends.
- At the end of the course, you can order the videos of your flights. Price = €20 per person.
- You can choose your instructor for a supplement of €20 per person/per day (according to their availability).
ALL OUR STUDENTS RECEIVE A 15% DISCOUNT ON PARAGLIDERS, HARNESSES AND RESERVES DURING THEIR COURSES (non combinable offer: the best available discount for the client will be applied).
Choose a date and click on the "Reserve" button to see the next courses following the chosen date.