Do you dream of flying on your own? Join us to discover the joys of flying with Flyeo’s paragliding lessons.
Your BHPA elementary pilot course
- You want to learn to fly a paraglider and have no experience
- You want to become Elementary BHPA qualified and learn with a BHPA instructor
- All paragliding equipment is included for the duration of the course
- It is a 5 day course
- Your weight should be a maximum of 90kg if you don’t already have your own equipment.
- If you want to learn to paraglide with little or no experience and progress to the stage of truly getting your feet off the ground and flying like a bird.
- If you want to have more of an insight into what it means to begin paragliding please read the Elementary Pilot Training Guide
The BHPA syllabus is as follows for paragliding lessons:
Phase 1: GROUND TRAINING
Introductory talk – Site assessment briefing – Introduction to canopy and equipment – Avoiding/minimising injury.
Phase 2: GROUND HANDLING
Briefing- Pre-flight checks – Preparation – Putting on your paraglider and equipment – Inflation – Take off’s with the glider – Directional control.
Phase 3: FIRST HOPS
Getting airborne – Low level flights.
Phase 4: FLIGHT EXERCISES
Eventualities briefing – Commands and communications briefing – Responsibilities briefing Flights – Maintaining course and airspeed Flights – Introducing turns flights – Completing simple flight plans.
Phase 5: THEORY & EXAMINATION
Meteorology – Principles of flight – Rules of the air and air law – Elementary stage examination.
- Flyeo instructors are fully qualified BHPA instructors and Flyeo is a British Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (BHPA) registered school as well as a Fédération française de vol libre (FFVL) registered school.
- Our pedagogy is to constantly question, in order to develop and improve to bring you the best methods for instructing. We want to exceed your expectations!
We mostly use single-skin wings for teaching.
These wings are particularly suited to learning as they are lighter, more compact, and easier to launch.
Since we are likely to discover new sites during the course, you will also appreciate how easy it is to carry them on your back to launch.