We are now fully booked for 2020!
Keep an eye on our Facebook and Instagram page,
we’ll publish our 2021 planning soon! 😉
FLYEO is famous for its flight incident simulation courses (SIV). Thanks to FLYEO's world renowned coaches, we redefine what SIV means: approaching it from a completely different mentality and philosophy, in order to make our students safe, confident and understanding pilots.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
• You are a qualified pilot who wishes to learn about pilotage and a greater understanding of why we practice these manoeuvres.
• You are out of currency on SIV and Pilotage and wish to revisit and progress your skills.
• You can launch and land (relatively) autonomously.
• Whatever your level, SIV-pilotage courses allow you to perfect your paragliding technique, to evolve your performance and safety
• Understand Flyeo's fundamentals of pilotage and paragliding, applicable to all aspects of flying.
• Understand the importance of our mental headspace and how it directly affects our flying.
• Optimise our rapid descent techniques.
• To ensure that YOU the pilot, finishes the course having increased your knowledge and confidence, gained new skills and manoeuvres applicable to your everyday flying and reduce any personal gaps in your flying.
• The syllabus of our SIV paragliding courses at FLYEO is personalised according to the pilots level.
• Introduction of the fundamental aspects of psychology of paragliding: The ability to analyse our personal flying psychology and how to optimise it through our body language and various mental exercises is crucial to maximise our available flying bandwidth.
Understanding and trusting FLYEO's 4 fundamentals of flying:
• Trusting our harness: Being able to fully sit back in our harness, using the full back protection is vital to effective pilotage techniques.
• Disassociating our hands: Dissociating our arms from our instinctive body movements is crucial fundamental in limiting cascade events.
• Using our full brake range: Most pilots only ever use 40% of their brake range. Understanding how to access the other 60% when needed as well learning to put our hands up are fundamental techniques.
• Situational awareness: As well as applying all other fundamentals correctly and through repetition, we can begin to understand the 3D sphere that we operate as paragliders.
• Debriefing each flight is just as important as the flight itself: Every day finishes with individual classroom video debriefs using cutting edge technology to break down and analyses every aspect of the flight; ensuring you fully understand what to improve for the next flight.
• Flyeo instructors are fully qualified and highly experienced pilots in ALL disciplines of paragliding. We fly regularly to adapt to changing conditions and to review new equipment.
• Our pedagogy is to constantly question, in order to develop and improve to bring you the best methods for instructing. We want to exceed your expectations!
• You must be insured.
• Your reserve must be packed, certified by a club or REPACKED within the last 6 months. We can do the packing before the course, price from €45. Contact us to confirm an appointment if you want your reserve packed by Flyeo.
• Charged Radio (a water proof bag to protect it will be provided). Flyeo no longer provides Radio's for SIV courses. We have radios for sale in the shop, ready for purchase.
• We lend out headsets for Kenwood, Midland, Icom and Yeasu radios, so please bring a headset for any other brands.